Thursday 3 December 2009

Monkey Madness ...

OK so today was interesting; I've been running around town doing fashion things eeeooowww how hideous of me.

1st stop Liberty to try on all the gorgelina clothes my cash card can’t handle ~ It’s flexed a lot recently, needs a week in rehab, poor things suffering from severe exhaustion.

2nd stop VOGUE HOUSE for Emily Zak's SS10 report (Emily’s the Executive Retail Editor of UK Vogue).
To cut a 'trend' story short here's a brief overview of what we're supposedly going to be wearing come summer

Crisp freshly laundered white on white
Film noir metallics, in greens and liquid silvers
Seductive pin up underwear worn as outerwear
Utility clothing with elements of military
Tribal pieces in the form of camel suede and fringing
Pixalated computer graphic prints
Heavy linen's and evening shorts
Surf inspired body con dresses
Sugar sweet melon, mint greens, and peaches
Perspex headbands and belts to reshape proportions
Coloured eye shadow on lashes as opposed to mascara
Damp plaits and beach hair
Bleached eyebrows
And last but not least 14 layers of lipstick, yes 14 ~ To obtain the perfect shade and texture apparently
WOW citing!

3rd stop Christopher Kane sample sale, so the queue was the most interesting part of the evening what with Daisy Lowe, Pelayo (k a t e l o v e s m e) and Margot Bowman skulking around before jumping into a Merc together. Daisy was looking haute haute haute in polka dot shorts, Pelayo was sporting a Comme Des Garcon kilt ~ Yeah in this weather ~ I think he's stalking me, 2nd time I've seen him this week!

Had a good chat with my sister after about an hour of waiting in line, one in one out stylee ~ This is how the conversation started

Georgina ~ Hey where are you? Still at work?

Victoria ~ Nah in a dumb line waiting to get into the Christopher Kane sample sale.

Georgina ~ Who?

Victoria ~ CHRISTOPHER KANE

Georgina ~ Who? Say that again …

Victoria ~ Christopher Kane

Georgina ~ Chicane who? Never heard of him!

Victoria ~ George seriously, don’t worry about it ~ I’m surrounded by a bunch of fashion heads and your making it look like im talking to my one million year old deaf grandmother! Lets move on from this ...

George has been severely snoozing to have missed the Kane phenomenon, I’ll let her off though she works for McLaren … No wonder she’s thinking chicane!

So anyway come 7.30pm (yeah two hours of waiting) I made it into the warm to discover that dresses were still at £500~00, knits £300~00 and gorilla T’s £60~00 which sucks! Very nearly bought a gorilla to make the queue worth while but thought better of it when I cast my mind back a few weeks to remember a friend/inside Kane source telling me they cost £12~00 each to produce!

God Exhausting … If I wanted a large gorilla on my torso, I could have done the super sell out Topshop thing ... Ive been there once before with the Emma Cooks, its and ugly place Im never going back!